Friday, January 25, 2008

Clawing My Way Back

I have been sick for the last week. Flat on my back, abjectly miserable, 102° fever, coughing up a lung, can't breathe through my nose, can't swallow anything, shoot-me-now sick. I haven't checked email, voice mail, text messages, blogs, or done much communicating at all beyond whispered pleas for a little more water. I've sweated through every single pajama-type piece of clothing I own, washed them, and sweated through some a second time. I don't remember the last time I was this wretchedly sick. Today I'm back to about 40% of myself, which means that I have a semblance of a voice, I went to work for about three hours in the afternoon, and got swatted. Considering how far from possible those things have been all week, this is nothing short of a miracle.

Thank you for the sweet wishes and prayers for health. I think it'll be a while before I'm back to full speed, but at least the $20 offer to put me out of my misery is off the table. ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like no fun at all. We got your text message the other night, but didn't realize it was that bad. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery though. Don't push it...take your time and get better.

Anonymous said...

Iris dear,
I'll be adding my thoughts and prayers to all the others. Rest, rest, and more rest!
Personally, I'd say, "No spanking for now, other than the occasional love pat"...
But then, it's not really up to me...

Dr. Ken

Raven said...

Iris, sweetie...

I'm afraid I would have thought you needed a swat too, working while still so clearly on the mend from this.

I'm going to echo Chris - don't push it dear!!!

Hugs,
Raven

Anonymous said...

Rest, fluids, and love swats sounds about right. Hope you are better soon.