Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

People, events, and things for which I am thankful:

My darling M
Health
Family
Chris, sparkle, and the Princess
All the PB authors
Curves
Being kinky! (Yes, I am determined to be thankful for it, even when I battle it)
Peppermint Joe-Joe's (only available at Trader Joe's, but seriously. If you can get them, buy three boxes.)
A fulfilling (if exhausting) job
You! I am thankful for you, dear readers

Any particular thanksgiving you want to post, leave it here.

3 comments:

Serenity Everton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serenity Everton said...

An iris in full vivid bloom
Tips its rainbow in the breeze.
But stands tall again
When the sun shines in.
Although it may waver,
The wind does not break it.
For an iris has a strong stem
And beauty outside and in.

With her golden wings, Iris
Descends Olympus, a working goddess
At flight on her rainbow, a vision
That spreads living water as rain.
Iris slays lies by the perjuring,
And marries the West Wind while
A message from the Divine Queen
Rides to its destination in her mane.

A woman named Iris is
All of these things too:
Beautiful flower, Truth-seeker,
Savior, servant, defender, goddess.
Some days her halo may be
Tipped by longing or fear but
For her vibrancy, we are delighted.
For her love, we are grateful and blessed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, we've been married over seven years, and I still learn new things about my wife, like the fact that she writes EXCELLENT poetry.

I'm not quite as eloquent as her, but I can echo the sentiment. We're so thankful to have you in our lives, Iris, as well as for the good things in your life.

We're also very thankful that you're kinky! ;-)